It feels like I’ve used all the juices, that I can’t squeeze anything else, even making a conscious effort to write this is daunting; I’m a software developer, and I like the idea of creating software that’s beautiful to write and to use.
But the reality is the multiple decisions that I have to make that chip away the impulse of continuing a project or creating a new one; here is a list:
- Is the language I’m using the best one for this problem?
- Can or should I use containers?
- What frameworks are the best?
- I’ve read that React is clunky and overkill; I should try Vue or, even better, how about VanillaJS?
- This is a web app. Where will I host it? Should I use Jenkins for CI/CD or GitHub actions?
All this cross my mind before opening my text editor, and that’s for a web app; desktop apps are not that different.
And with that, the pile of rot and unfinished projects has a new member.